Latest Match Report

17 September 2011

Dalkeith made the long trip north to Forfar Albion with confidence following the previous week’s demolition of Dunbar. Kick off was delayed by 15 minutes (possibly to allow the young referee to finish his paper round), however, The Jags showed their attacking intentions from the first whistle with Elliot and Pudledski looking lively - he opening goal arriving only within two minutes. David Morris latched onto a loose clearance on the edge of the box to rifle a low shot that the keeper got a hand to before crossing the line.

Dalkeith continued to press and were further rewarded 10 minutes later – Thomas Atter whipped in a corner from the left and when the home keeper punched clear the danger looked over, until the referee pulled play back to award the Jags a penalty for a pulling offence only he saw. Pudleski sent the home keeper the wrong way from the spot.
Mid way through the half Dalkeith were on easy street when they effectively put the tie to bed. Linton lofted a through ball over the home back line who claimed for an offside which was not given – even so the home keeper looked favourite to gather the ball but he made a mess of this and when the ball arrived at the feet of Pudledski he had the easiest of tasks to roll the ball into an empty net from the edge of the area.

The hosts should have been reduced to 10 men with five minutes of the half remaining when Pudledski was pulled back as he ran clear on goal, however, the referee only showed a yellow to the home number 5.

The second period was a more even affair as Dalkeith seemed to take their foot off the gas with the tie seemingly won, however, the home side lacked the guile to trouble Coventry in the Jags goal and it was Dalkeith who extended their lead on the hour.

Dalkeith had a corner on the right, however rather than whipping the ball in as they had done all game – Waters played the ball to Morris at the the edge of the area who took a touch before cracking a low drive in off the far post.

Dalekith had further chances most notably a Jay Hunter effort which stung the palms of the home keeper, however, with a few minutes remaining the home side grabbed a consolation goal following some sloppy play by the Dalkeith defence.

Any hope of an unlikely comeback by the home side was dashed a minute later when their number five was shown a second yellow and subsequent red for a crude challenge of Gary Small.

Dalkeith: Coventry, Gavin, Waters, J Hunter, Liddle, L Richardson, Morris, Linton, Elliot, Pudledski, Waters. Subs: Small, M Hunter, Hay, B Richardson.


You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.

Get Flash Player